Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Almost there...

My deadline is so close and today I just had to sit down and paint no matter what. This post will be very short, I just wanted to show you what I did.

I finished the leaves, althought I think I will apply one more final glaze over the leaves on the right side. They were supposed to be more shiny but I could't get this effect. Now I see they are too blue and one more unifying glaze over it should enhance it a bit. Unfortunately, in the photos the leaves look quite differently than the original. In fact they are darker.

I also took off the masking fluid from the eggs and painted them with a mix of Winsor Red Deep + Permanent Rose + some browns mostly for the main light parts and for the darker spots in the middle I used Perylene Maroon with Quinacridone Magenta and some brown + some Transparent Orange and very dark mix of French Ultramarine + Burnt Sienna + a bit of Quinacridone Purple in the centre. 




There is also this little guy at the bottom. I painted this leaf because I wanted to add the pupa of the Atlas moth somewhere and this idea seemed to be a good one. 

Now I only have to paint the moth and it will be finished. I can't wait to frame my 5 paintings and see them. I'll take a photo of them all and let you know! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment