Yesterday I managed to complete the three tulip flowers. Now only leaves left and it will be finished. In the images below you can see the process of painting one of the flowers.
I already have shadows on the petals. I applied them at the very beginning and it was my first step. Shadow color was a mix of either Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna or Ultramarine Violet and warm yellow, depending which area I was painting.
In the next step of the process, I applied a very light wash of Winsor Red to indicate where my reds would be.
Next, I added more layers of Winsor Red (approximately four). Once it dried, I added darker reds using Winsor Red Deep. At this stage I also strenghtened my shadows.
Finally, I added stamens, the pistil, red border of the petals and little marks on the petals. In the next stage I will add leaves.