Monday, 19 October 2015

Brushes and orchid tree flowers

Unexpectedly yesterday I painted more than I thought I would paint. It's good, because I have a tight deadline and it will help me to spread my painting in time. 
Someone asked me yesterday which brand of brushes I'm using. In general in botanical painting I'm using Raphael 8408 series, #2, #4 and #6. I like them, because they have very very fine tip. Although I have to sincerely admit that sometimes that really long tip is a little bit troublesome. It ends with almost one hair, or two maybe, and sometimes it's difficult to release the paint from the brush, especially when you paint something really tiny. 
I wish I could try Winsor&Newton series 7 brushes as I've heared they are excellent. I have to save up for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment